I want things I can probably never have. I’m not talking about having more money or halting the aging process. I’m talking about strange and delightful things that aren’t exactly realistic or even possible, but I’d love to see happen anyway. Like:
1. A greater social acceptance of cosplay so I could dress up as a character, say, every Wednesday, because that’s just what everybody does.
2. No scenes with crying children in Tv or film. Or maybe crying children, period.
3. More episodes of the short-lived but wonderful GARFUNKEL & OATES.
4. More drive-thru windows. Like for everything. But especially: tea, chocolate, produce, compliments.
5. A SEX IN THE CITY-type show set entirely in the underworld.
6. British synth pop playing wherever I go. Except when Joan Jett is playing. Or show tunes. (This pretty much covers my emotional range.)
7. Evil characters on screen who are only as evil as Dr. Doofenshmirtz on PHINEAS & FERB (which is to say, not really evil and mostly cute).
8. A collection of tea flavors as unusual and wide-ranging as Bertie Bott’s Jelly Beans.
9. Bea Arthur returning to life, maybe as a sarcastic, sharp-witted zombie.
10. The temperature to only range from 50-75 degrees, with an occasional rainstorm that never floods my basement and always makes a rainbow.
What’s on your wish list?